Old Fenstanton   A Collection Of Photographs - by Jean Ding


 

CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK

 

 

Over the years Jean Ding has amassed a collection of photographs of old Fenstanton which have frequently been displayed at public functions in the village. After much cajoling by fellow villagers and friends, a selection was finally made from the collection and with additional photos kindly loaned by others in the community, has been published so that everyone can now enjoy this snapshot of the past.

 

 

The places, persons and topics featured are;

 

People & Businesses

The John Howland Bell | Blacksmith | C.G Burgess | Miss Bertha Pitfield | Mrs Sam Braybrook | Knight's Garage | Keith Wright | M. J Makeham's | Tabony Fishmonger | Lancelot "Capability" Brown | Hewson & Sons |  Gifford's Shop

 

Places

Barnwell Row| Bell Lane| | Chequer Street|Cherry Tree Way |Church Farm| Church Lane| Church Street| Congregational Chapel | Butchers| School - 1954-54 & 1955-55| Fenstanton Signal Box| Grove Cottage| High Street| Hilton Road| Honey Hill| London Road causeway | Oaklands | Parish Church| Post Office | School Lane| Swan Lane | Village Pond

 

Pubs

Tudor Hotel | Royal Oak | Bell | Blue Cow |Crown | Hearts of Oak | Rose & Crown | Chequers destroyed by fire

 

 
  • ISBN:      1 903924 08 1
  • Size:       22 cm x 15.5 cm
  • Binding:   76pp Perfect Bound
  • Price:      4 - 95 plus shipping*
     
     
    *Shipping inc all postage & packing costs
    UK   1-50
    Europe   2-50
    Rest of World   3-50
Copies of the book are available directly from:
Mrs Jean Ding
Grove Cottage
Bell Lane 
FENSTANTON Cambs
PE28 9JX
England

Published in England by Archived Books