Follow FENSTANTON on Twitter

Welcome to the official Fenstanton community website

HISTORICAL

History

Kelly's 1918

Harrod's 1877

Cassey's 1862

Fen Manor

Old Maps

Genealogy

COMMUNITY

FENSTANTON website Home

FENSTANTON maps Maps

FLOODING in FENSTANTON Flood Risk

FENSTANTON Footpaths Footpaths

Links

Postcodes in FENSTANTON Postcodes

Join the FENSTANTON Mailing List Mailing List

Contact the FENSTANTON Web Site Duty Administrator Contact Us

FENSTANTON Advertising Advertising

PARISH COUNCIL

Contact the Parish Clerk to FENSTANTON Contact Clerk

FENSTANTON Parish Council Members

FENSTANTON Parish Notices Notices 

FENSTANTON Parish Minutes Minutes 

FENSTANTON Parish Assets Parish Assets 

Contact the Parish Clerk to FENSTANTON District Councillor

Contact the Parish Clerk to FENSTANTON County Councillor

BUSINESSES

FENSTANTON Businesses Local Businesses

FENSTANTON Pubs Public Houses

FENSTANTON Accommodation Accommodation

FENSTANTON Post Office Post Office

Local Services in & around FENSTANTON Local Services

Guided tours of Cambridge and the surrounding areas Guided Tours

HISTORICAL

FENSTANTON History History

FENSTANTON Genealogy & Family History Genealogy

FENSTANTON - Old Maps Old Maps

Local books about FENSTANTON Books

Local books about FENSTANTON News Archives 

DIRECTORY

FENSTANTON Womens' Institute WI

Allotments in FENSTANTON Allotments

Venues for hire in FENSTANTON Venues for hire

Medical facilities near FENSTANTON Medical

Schools near or in FENSTANTON Education

FENSTANTON Parish Magazine Parish Magazine

FENSTANTON Churches Churches

FENSTANTON Charities Charities

FENSTANTON Clubs & Groups Clubs & Groups

Sport in FENSTANTON Sport

Fen Manor
FEN MANOR

No 2 Church Street formerly the Fenstanton Vicarage, and known as "The Old Vicarage" after the building of a new vicarage nearer the Parish Church and more suitable to modern family life.

This Grade II Listed building (listed 24/10/51) with walls of gault brick and a slate roof, has subsequently been renamed Fen Manor by the current owners.

 

Description*

The Vicarage. Built between 1810-1850 by the vicar, Thomas Bourdillon. Two storeys, attics and cellars. Gault brick, hipped slate roof, end stacks and rear stack. Boarded eaves with modillions.

 

Two flat roofed hung sash dormer windows. Five first floor recessed hung sash windows with glazing bars in cambered gauged brick arches.

Four similar, larger ground floor windows. Stone steps lead up to flat roofed portico with reeded columns and pilasters, a plain entablature and projecting cornice.

 

Doorcase with reeded reveals and reeded band at impost height between door and round headed fanlight. Panelled door.


*from the Listed Buildings Register 

 

 

PARISH DIARY

Refuse Collection Dates Which wheelie bin?
Are you confused too? Click here for HDCs collection dates


PARISH MAGAZINE

Latest Edition
of SPECTRUM



 

 


FamilyNotices.org - the free online repository for all notices of Births, Deaths, Marriages, Engagements, Anniversaries and Missing Persons

Visit www.familynotices.org ............. Follow us on Twitter


WANT TO BE KEPT INFORMED?


Join our private mailing list

 

We are maintaining a mailing list for persons in or around Fenstanton - or who just want to keep informed, wherever they might be.

Please see our privacy details.

Tony 468x60

 

contact us | legal | home

2000-2017 Tilbury Associates